Dongiverse: A Universe of Dongs
Table of Contents
- INPROGRESS Project Tree VERSE
- INPROGRESS Build out base system
- NEXT Figure out how to thumbnail STLs
- DONE Spec out simple class model
- NEXT Design CMS interface
- WAITING Figure out payment structure for premium models
- WAITING Build out interface
- NEXT Deploy Discourse on discourse.dongiverse.com
- See Also
Yeah, I'm that guy. I created a site as a joke, and some day I'm going to make it an actual thing. I have a half-baked prototype, basically a bunch of slightly-themed CRUD pages built on an old-ish version of Ruby on Rails. I keep wanting to use it as an excuse to learn a new programming language but currently have not had the energy to do it.
I want this to be more than just a static site, or a place to upload obscene things; I want to build a 3D printing community. Bad Dragon is up to some cool shit with their Bad Dragon Labs, and building a community similar to that would be the end-goal of Dongiverse, with the company doing high-quality production of the objects which the community is most interested in, and the artist would get most of the profit from it.
Some day. Some day.
DONE Pick base frameworks for web app
DONE Build data layer
NEXT Test coverage and patterns